This Thursday is the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza factory collapse, the worst industrial accident to ever hit the garment industry, where 1129 workers died and thousands were injured.
Although almost a year has passed since the factory collapse, the survivors and the families of the dead are still waiting for compensation.
Workers, students, unions, NGOs and other civil society groups are calling for brands to Pay Up!
Main News Stories
As fossil fuel divestment begins to make headlines across the globe, students in the UK are stepping up their demands.
The momentum builds as London Universities Purchasing Consortium joins Electronics Watch, to take action against labour abuses in the industry.
Yesterday students across the UK took part in stunts, actions and general mischief to mark Fossil Fools Day, a global day of action against the fossil fuel industry.
Follow @peopleandplanet's tweets.
- @peopleandplanet: The EU has huge influence over the issues we campaign on. Ask your MEP candidates to stand up to corporate lobbying http://politicsforpeople.eu/
- @peopleandplanet: The EU has enormous potential to help make our world more just. It has huge influence on climate policy, workers'... http://fb.me/6CvD1CCgJ
- @peopleandplanet: What a brilliant project: http://fb.me/17DxMVpO3
- @peterspeller: Looking for a paid NGO internship? There are few better than @peopleandplanet. It’s where I started. Check them out > http://bit.ly/Qms0NT
- @uwebusiness: Learn new skills, make connections and take action at @peopleandplanet 's summer gathering, 13-21 June: http://on.fb.me/QtcaRe