Materials and help for freshers’ week
Freshers’ Week is your chance to get new members for your group and raise your profile on campus or in your college. It can be a really busy time for your group and so we’re here to help with an extra pair of hands, literally…
To make sure you have fun at freshers and engage loads of new passionate students:
Order your Freshers’ Pack with loads of tips and freebies to hand out
Book a People & Planet support staff member to come along and help out on your Freshers’ stall, run a workshop or support an action
Main News Stories
Giant carbon bubbles spread warning about fossil fuel investments around Oxford
This week, US president Barack Obama acknowledged what Fossil Free student campaigners, climate scientists and financial analysts have been saying all along. The vast majority of known fossil fuel reserves must be kept underground to avoid a climate crisis
Durham University have affiliated to the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC) after a campaign by students from People & Planet
Oxford rowing crews joined calls for fossil fuel divestment. The rowers want to raise awareness of climate change after winter floods submerged many boathouses.
Follow @peopleandplanet's tweets.
- @350Europe: Check out new upload from Sheffield's @peopleandplanet group: #Divestment Briefing for finance directors: http://gofossilfree.org/uk/resources/  #fossilfree
- @peopleandplanet: As part of a UK day of action against fracking, students and local residents have halted construction on Swansea... http://fb.me/2qvsapvQq
- @peopleandplanet: Local residents and activists are resisting eviction at Grow Heathrow this morning, including 15 year old local... http://fb.me/2APEczKdq
- @GreenpeaceUK: Our friends at @nodashforgas have confirmed the site for #reclaimthepower. The anti-fracking camp is on! http://www.nodashforgas.org.uk/uncategorized/press-release-anti-fracking-protestors-join-lancashire-grandmothers-in-occupying-fracking-site/ …
- @peopleandplanet: #PeoplesPower We're concerned about barriers faced by young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to work in NGOs: http://bit.ly/EntryRoutes