Fed up with the monotony of mindless Christmas consumerism? If, like us, you want to help create a better, fairer world this Christmas, we’ve got the perfect way.
This year, a generous donor has agreed to match the first £5,000 of donations to our Christmas Appeal! Every donation we receive this December will be doubled up to £5000.
Donating to People & Planet will help teach a generation crucial campaigning skills and inspire young people to take action on the issues that matter most.
Main News Stories
Students must have the right to protest on their campuses. In the week when Nelson Mandela died the #copsoffcampus protests hold even more significance, with student protest having played a key role in the 1980s in supporting his anti-apartheid movement.
In the past fortnight the Students' Councils at University of Glasgow, SOAS and four Oxford colleges have passed motions calling on their universities to divest from the fossil fuel industry.
- Edinburgh University students in occupation in support of education workers’ strike
- No excuses! Time for UEA to divest now
- COP19: We must stop the madness.
- We Are Not Rats: New Scottish and Northern Journal, confronting inequality and challenging conformity, calls for submissions.
- 5 Ways to Save Energy
Follow @peopleandplanet's tweets.
- @peopleandplanet: Have an idea to change People & Planet? Let us know and we’ll visit other student groups to discuss it further http://bit.ly/1aZoVpl
- @peopleandplanet: Today at People & Planet we had some amazing training from our good friend Peter Lefort on burnout and stress... http://fb.me/2US60wlqg
- @peopleandplanet: How should universities respond to student protests? 10 views http://gu.com/p/3y57b/tw #copsoffcampus @warwickuni @SussexUni @peopleandplanet”
- @peopleandplanet: #copsoncampus remember #nocomment and to #buddyup - Top tips - http://bit.ly/19hyB2q
- @peopleandplanet: #copsoffcampus peaceful direct action as a legitimate and effective form of protest, know your rights http://bit.ly/19hyB2q