We recently hosted our Summer Gathering at Grow Heathrow, where the local community and climate activists have occupied land in the way of a third runway. The students attending Summer Gathering used that as a base to launch actions over the next few days demanding Universities UK stand up to the fossil fuel industry and occupying Bennetton’s flagship store on Oxford Street in solidarity with the 1,134 victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse.
Would you fund this?
People & Planet is a radical, grass-roots organisation, and we need your help to stay that way. Please join our FAN Club, and make a regular monthly donation to support our work.
Main News Stories
Giant carbon bubbles spread warning about fossil fuel investments around Oxford
This week, US president Barack Obama acknowledged what Fossil Free student campaigners, climate scientists and financial analysts have been saying all along. The vast majority of known fossil fuel reserves must be kept underground to avoid a climate crisis
Durham University have affiliated to the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC) after a campaign by students from People & Planet
Oxford rowing crews joined calls for fossil fuel divestment. The rowers want to raise awareness of climate change after winter floods submerged many boathouses.
Follow @peopleandplanet's tweets.
- @peopleandplanet: Bangladesh workers began a ‘fast-until-death’ this Monday protesting against factory owners repeatedly missing... http://fb.me/32dDkehoE
- @peopleandplanet: Don't know how much yet, but could be good. http://fb.me/6VkZYJLTi
- @peopleandplanet: Do we now live in The Thick of It? http://fb.me/3b6EO4lQU
- @peopleandplanet: Amazing news as @soas FREEZE investments in fossil fuels @FossilFreeSOAS #fossilfree http://blog.peopleandplanet.org/blog/2014/07/29/fossil-free-campaign-heats-up-as-soas-freezes-investments/ … pic.twitter.com/8U1PlZtSxc
- @peopleandplanet: What's that lurking in the loch? Dave announces 60% of the UK incl National Parks & Scottish Lochs open to #fracking pic.twitter.com/bzzVGOw7Sa