Fairtrade Fortnight 2010
22 Feb- 7 March
Download our idea-packed Action Guide to Fairtrade Fortight 2010
Planning a Fairtrade cotton fashion show? Download our guide to planning a Fairtrade fashion show in under a month
For a paper copy send your name, address, and school or college name to Fiona
Check out what’s going this Fairtrade fortnight with Wear Fair on our events page
This year Fairtrade campaigners all around the UK are making the Big Swap to Fairtrade products. While some are swapping a standard cup of tea for a Fairtrade one, students working on the Wear Fair campaign are looking to make the swap to Fairtrade cotton school uniforms and sports kits, and Fairtrade Fortnight could be the ideal launch pad for your campaign.
What can I pledge to do?
There are many things, big and small, that you can do to begin the campaign to swap to Fairtrade cotton during Fairtrade fortnight. These could include:
- Find out who supplies the school uniforms at your school
- Find out who supplies sports kits to your college
- Do an assembly or tutor group presentation to raise awareness of Fairtrade cotton
- Have a stall for people to sign a petition to get Fairtrade cotton school uniforms/ sports kits
- Have a Fairtrade t-shirt designing session to promote Fairtrade cotton
- Put on a Wear Fair fashion show
- Hold an unfair football match
- Arrange a meeting with purchasing staff or headteacher and ask them to pledge to switch your school or college to Fairtrade cotton
For great ideas and tips on planning your event download our Big Cotton Swap guide to Fairtrade Fortnight
Dont forget to turn your event into a fundraiser for People & Planet’s Wear Fair campaign so that we can help more students with their campaigning!
Make your pledge now!
All of these actions will help you on the way to persuading your school or college to make the big swap to Fairtrade cotton. Pledge to do one of them this Fairtrade Fortnight by uploading a photo of your school or college and letting us know which action you’ll be taking. Then we’ll enter it on the Fairtrade Fortnight map below, so everyone can see how students around the UK are starting to Wear Fair.
Click on a Wear Fair logo to see what’s happening where!
View Wear Fair this Fairtrade Fortnight in a larger map