Going Greener: Transition Energy
We need to drastically improve our energy-efficiency and quickly replace fossil fuels to avert climate catastrophe. Home electricity consumption accounts for roughly 1 tonne of CO2 per person so imagine the impact we have at unis collectively. One of the simplest things you can do on a personal level is to ensure your home is powered by clean, green, renewable energy, not fossil fuels. Switch to Ecotricity today at no extra cost
We also need to bring about urgent efficiency savings programmes and localised renewable energy systems and students and staff can make deep cuts in energy-usage and push the uni further.
The energy crash diet:
- Aim to become self-sufficient in energy generation
- Get energy wastage to a minimum
- Increase research funding for renewable and clean future energy sources
- Facilitate exemplary energy management across the community
Did you know?
- 100% of our energy could come from renewable sources by 2030. See the Zero Carbon Britain report
Washing clothes at 30 degrees rather than at higher temperatures uses around 40% less energy.