Sample activities for Online Learning: Act
Below are sample activities taken straight from the Act section of last year’s course.
Is this the right course for your students?
- Start anytime from 3 January 2011
- Sign up for more information
Week 4 of the course: Planning your mini-movie
Last week you learnt about the Wear Fair Campaign and how you can make a difference to the lives of people in fashion supply chains through what you wear in your school or college. You also thought about how you can persuade other people to support your campaign.
This week you will plan your campaign video, thinking carefully about your message and the images you will use to grab people’s attention and get them to listen to what you want to say. The video you make will end up looking similar to this one:
The website is really easy to use. So let’s get on with the planning!
Activity 1: Choosing your targets and aim
Take 15 minutes on this
Before you plan your film, you need to decide three things:
- What is the aim of your film.
- Who you will target.
- What you want them to do when they have finished watching the film.
Think about the following:
- Is the aim of your film to raise awareness in the college and get support?
- Or is it to ask the Principal directly to take action? Or both?
- Will your film’s audience be other students, the Principal, your friends and family or staff?
- What do you want them to do? Visit a website to find out more (there are some suggestions of websites in the box below). Sign a petition asking the college to switch to Fairtrade cotton? Or embed the video on other video and networking sites such as Facebook?
Websites with more information
If you are going to direct people to a website to find out more take a look at some of these: