Sample activities for Online Learning: Explore
Below are sample activities taken straight from the Explore section of the course.
Is this the right course for your students?
- Start anytime from 3 January 2011
- Sign up for more information
Activity 1: Different views on fashion
Take 10 minutes on this
Watch one of these three clips:
- The trailer from the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic
2. A news report about the worst and best-dressed male celebrities
3. Fashion tips from Gok Wan
What is Blogging?
A blog is like an online diary of your thoughts, feelings and opinions. It could be about a particular subject or it could be about your everyday life. Blogs include words, pictures or videos. Try searching online for blogs about your favourite subject e.g. sport, fashion, television, computer games.
Activity 2: Your views on fashion
Take 25 minutes on this
Now its your turn to blog!
As this is your first blog introduce yourself and write about what you think about fashion. You might want to write about the following:
- Who you are and what you study
- What you do in your spare time
- If you enjoy shopping for clothes and where you shop
- Why you like those shops
- Why you think people are so interested in Fashion
- If you think it matters what clothes people wear
- What you know about the Fashion Industry
Activity 3: What is the Supply Chain?
Take 5 minutes on this
Nearly everyone enjoys shopping for clothes but almost all the clothes you buy on the High Street have been produced overseas in many seperate stages that all take place in different countries. Your clothes have been on a journey across the world before you started wearing them.
Watch this short video about the supply chain
Find out more
Look at the label on your clothes and see where they were made. Do some research online to find out more about the country of origin. Type the name of the country into a search engine and see what you can find out. For example: where is the country on a map? Is it a rich country? What is the weather like in that country?