Learning Aims and Objectives
What will students learn?
Students will be taken on a step-by-step online journey that will enable them to critically explore and act on global issues. The interactive courses will enable participants to:
- Think more critically about the world around them
- Further their Functional Skills and Active Citizenship development
- Increase political and technological literacy
- Improve self-study and research skills
- Make links between individual, local and national actions
- Understand the world around them and their global impact on it
- Learn from and be inspired by other school and college campaigners
I made my video using the instructions provided by People & Planet and followed the tutorial that I was given. I enjoyed creating the video and putting all of my information together so I can now watch it as the finished product. The reason for making the movie was to make people aware of fairtrade and what they can do to help. School uniforms going fairtrade would make a big difference to the fairtrade industry. I hope that it will have an effect on students and will make them at least look into the situation. My next steps are to make more people aware and spead the word around college.
After exploring the issues students will have:
- Enhanced and practised skills in research, critical thinking, communication and self-study.
- Documented their learning experience through their own blog with a username and password.
- Watched films and read articles related to the fashion industry or climate change and critically commented on these in their blogs.
- Read and commented on other learners’ blogs.
- Researched other films, blogs, websites and resources that are relevant to the fashion industry or climate change.
- Understand how their lifestyle has an impact on local, national and global levels.
After taking action on the issues students will have:
- Enhanced and practised skills in political literacy, critical thinking, communication and self study.
- Created a short film online about the impact of their own school/college and be able to use this as a tool to campaign for change.
- Know what campaigning is and how campaigning online can make a positive difference in the world.
- Know about how students themselves can make a difference locally in their own college or school.
- Be expert bloggers.
- Be able to create a short film to use as a campaign tool.
To register sign up now!