Active Education with People & Planet
Our interactive and participatory workshops equip young people with the confidence, information and skills to make a real difference on global issues such as poverty and the environment.
People & Planet work with FE colleges, sixth forms and schools to support young people’s development into empowered and active global citizens. We offer workshops and support for your students and CPD training for staff.
Slowly but surely, they’re all getting more assertive about their campaign and that’s thanks to People & Planet. They can really relate to you and where you’re coming from
Citizenship Coordinator, Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College
contribute to agendas such as Every Child Matters, Equality and Diversity, Learner Voice, Fuctional/Key Skills, Community Cohesion, Sustainable Schools, Widening Participation, and Ofsted good practice
compliment the citizenship curriculum
enrich studies in geography, business studies, travel and tourism, fashion, media and communication, politics, international development and much more
enhance students’ speaking & listening skills and confidence - perfect for CVs, job interviews and UCAS personal statements
Fabulous morning – Thanks. I’ve not seen my students ask so many questions; they were motivated and comfortable. The only visitor to get applause before AND after!
Teacher, Bellerive School
For your students we offer:
- Issue presentations : interactive sessions introducing students to issues such as Fairtrade and climate change.
- Skills workshops: focusing on practical and CV-enhancing skills such as team-building, effective communication and event planning.
- Creative campaigning workshops: innovative ways to raise awareness
- Events: attend our global conference, or host a fabulous Fairtrade Fortnight or a great Go Green Week
For your staff we offer:
A range of CPD training sessions. These can include:
- empowering young people to become active on global issues
- communicating sustainability
- becoming a Fairtrade school
A range of excellent resources for classroom study and enrichment activities.
Find out more
To book us or to ask any questions please email or phone Juliette on 01865 264180.