2: Raise Awareness
People need to understand the causes of climate change to be able to see and be the solutions. Creativity and innovative communication are key, so think big! This is also an opportunity for you to learn new practical and campaigning skills. .
1 . Raise awareness
- Organise a film showing (make it cycle-powered for extra effect!)
- Host a speaker evening or an open debate
- Hold an eco-themed club night, comedy gig or poetry slam
- Set up a resource centre with books, DVDs and images in an accessible place on campus.
- Go on field trips to nearby Transition Network projects
- Get someone from P&P or local organisations to provide Going Greener training and other workshops.
2. Spread the word
- Use blogs, Facebook and Twitter to reach more people and promote Going Greener events.
- Write a piece for your student paper about the uni’s Green League ranking. Download the press release template
- Start an online discussion forum and share ideas and plans.
- Organise a Going Greener stunt, flashmob or flashdance
- Get creative- make banners and posters to put up around campus
- Create a graffiti mural in your union or try laser stencilling/clean graffiti
- Make a short film using Animoto. Sign up using our promo code: tbpnluaq.
Light, Camera, Action
Organise a Can Film Festival. Its a film screenings with a twist - students get free entry by bringing empty cans to be recycled. For Go Green Week, Every Can Counts will provide promotional materials and can crushers and help you measure how much 100% recyclable aluminium you save from land-fill.
Check out the resources that other People & Planet groups have made.