NB: The People & Planet Green League 2013 will now be published on Tuesday 11 June here and by The Guardian
People & Planet strives to make the compilation of its Green League as transparent and rigorous as possible each year. This area of the website is dedicated to providing information about current and forthcoming Green League tables to stakeholders such as university environmental managers, students and external organisations.
Need to update your Green League contact details? Let us know using this formHelp us drive all UK universities to a fair & sustainable future
Green League 2013 timeline
Below are the key dates relating to the compilation and publication of the People & Planet Green League 2013:
- Online feedback questionnaire on 2012 league - live until 19 October 2012
- Green League Stakeholder event - 5 November, Birmingham
- Establishment of the 2013 GLOG - 30 November 2012
- Publication of Green League Guide 2013 & methodology - 18 January 2013
- Green League 2012 surveys go live and sent out to institutions - 11 February 2013
- Official FOI requests to unis sent out - 22 February 2013
- Deadline for return of completed online surveys - 22 March 2013
- Initial scorecards sent to institutions & Appeals phase open - 15 – 26 April 2013
- EMS data checks & ranking compilation – 29 April – 6 May
- Final scorecards and appeal decisions sent back to institutions – 8 May
- Optional early notification of final award class and score - 4 June
- People & Planet Green League 2013 published and in The Guardian – Tuesday 11 June
Download the new People & Planet Green League Guide 2013 now - published 18 January 2013
Please always use the above link for the latest version of the 2013 guide as it is an online reference tool full of useful links. However, if you need to print a version for any reason, here is a simpler, printable version People & Planet Green League Guide 2013 - printable
Download People & Planet’s Green League Report 2012 - published 21 June 2012
People & Planet Green League Guide 2012 (3MB). **NB This guide relates to the 2012 league, a new guide for 2013 will be published soon*.
Full details of EMR data calculations and scoring for 2013 for reference only
Online consultation: Following the publication of Green League 2012 on 28 May, stakeholders have the opportunity to provide People & Planet with feedback on the systems and methodology via an online feedback questionnaire. Results will be analysed and fed back to participants at the Stakeholder event in November 2012.
The aims of Stakeholder Consultation events are to:
- Provide a space for feedback on and input into the development of criteria and processes for the Green League.
- Inform environmental managers and other stakeholders about plans for the next Green League
- Consult stakeholders on potential new changes to methodology and criteria
- Form the annual Green League Oversight Group representing different parts of the sector
People & Planet has established a Green League Oversight Group(GLOG) to provide oversight, expertise and advice on the methodology and criteria review process from stakeholders within the Higher Education sector. If you’d like to be involved in this group for the Green League 2013 or 2014, please email firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
“I signed up to the GLOG because I wanted to make sure that the voice of the small specialist institution is taken into account as the Green League develops. The GLOG provided an excellent forum for a frank exchange of views between representatives of a wide cross section of HEIs, and it was clear that both the staff at People & Planet and the members of the GLOG were equally committed to getting the survey right. I guess it will never be perfect in such a diverse sector, but hopefully this year’s survey will be seen as coming close.” Clive Russell, Guildhall School of Music and Drama