Regional Organiser - Apply Now!
The most exciting volunteer role in People & Planet
Regional Organisers are the backbone of the People & Planet network.
- Be the student contact for People & Planet groups in your region
- Organise a fun event for the groups in your region
- Meet activists from a number of different universities and share their stories
- Organise and promote People & Planet’s national events such as Shared Planet
- Get LOADS of really useful training
- … and lots more.
What’s in the role?
We will invite you to get trained up this year at Summer Gathering 1 - 5 July. We will also invite you to 2 days of training at our office in Oxford in August were you will get to meet the rest of the team and join us for a picnic.
Training you will get
- How to reach out to the groups in your region and get them active
- Organising a fun event in your region
- Time management & planning
- People & Planet campaigns
- Monitoring & evaluation
Skills you’ll gain:
- Time management
- Team working
- Effective communications
- Experience of project management
- Experience of effective promotions
What a People & Planet Regional Organiser gets up to
- Shares People & Planet’s Facebook posts and tweets with groups in your region.
- Emails key contacts about upcoming People & Planet events
- Helps new groups get set up by offering workshops or helping a People & Planet staff member give a workshop
- Organises fun weekend for the groups in their region e.g a camping trip, a day trip to somewhere pretty etc.
Image © Cristina Martinez
To get the most out of this role you’ll need:
- To have some experience organising events in your own People & Planet group
- To attend at least one training session at Summer Gathering or else at our training sessions in August 2013