Universities Committed to Fossil Free Careers
We are campaigning for all universities to end oil, gas, and mining recruitment on their campus. So far, 7 UK universities have a policy in place that ends extractive industry recruitment. Why not start up a campaign to push your university to join the list?
- December 2022 - Wrexham Glyndwr University becomes the first in Wales to end extractive industry recruitment
- The University of Bedforshire ends oil, gas and mining recruitment on campus
- University of the Arts London makes a commitment to Fossil Free Careers
- June 2023 - Bishop Grosseteste University becomes the fourth UK university to end oil, gas and mining recruitment
- October 2023 - The Royal College of Art commits to Fossil Free Careers
- University for the Creative Arts becomes the 6th university to make a Fossil Free Careers commitment
- November 2023 - Swansea University ends oil, gas and tar sands recruitment. Students and staff continue to push for a full commitment that includes mining.