We’re a student-led movement that empowers young people with the skills, confidence and knowledge they need to make change happen, at home and globally.
Over the years, student activists have:
- got nearly a third of UK universities to commit to divest from the fossil fuel industry
- forced Adidas to pay $1.8 million in legally owed redundancy payments to Indonesian workers as part of an international solidarity campaign.
- helped 1,200 Honduran workers get their jobs back following the world’s largest ever garment boycott
- forced the education sector to take climate change seriously, driven by the People & Planet University League
- made the 3rd largest UK pension fund, USS, the first to publish an ethical investment policy following our Ethics for USS campaign
- helped secure the world’s first Climate Change Act and organised the UK’s largest ever climate demonstration
- got the G8 to pledge 100% access to HIV/AIDS treatment
- forced the UK government to cancel $88bn of developing country debt as key members of the Jubilee 2000 campaign