we are recruiting 1 unpaid trustee (treasurer)
People & Planet are seeking a non student trustee to act as Treasurer. This is an unpaid role.
Are you passionate about challenging injustice and inequality in society?
Do you want to help us ensure our finances are stable and secure?
If so, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a trustworthy and experienced individual with the following skills/experience:
- Background in finance/accountancy
- Understands charity/company law & governance in relation to finance
- Understands financial statements and accounts and able to explain to fellow trustees - putting the numbers into words
- Forensic skills, able to drill down and ask pertinent questions
- Solid understanding of what the numbers mean
- Ability to understand forecasting and long term budgeting
- Able to hold staff team to account
- Understanding charity and non profit company financial frameworks
- Committed to P&P values
Experience of being a trustee on a Board would be welcome but not essential.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter (maximum one side of A4) outlining why you would like to apply for this unpaid role, and how you meet the specification outlined in the job description by 16th October 2020. Please also download the equal opportunities form, fill it in and send it with your application. We will shortlist week beginning 19th October and will interview by Zoom.